Saturday 1 August 2009

Here, Now, this Moment

My mom walked into my room this morning, put a DVD on my desk, said "watch this" and left the room. So tonight my friend and I watched it. It is called "Peaceful Warrior" based on the book "Way of the Peaceful Warrior".

While watching the movie I realized that the message the movie is trying to give is quit important, it is a topic that I ignore, now that I am actually thinking about it. I realized that I am not really living the "now". For example, when I was in high school I was waiting for the summer holidays to start, when the summer holidays started I was waiting for the day to leave for Germany, now that I am back in Bahrain I am waiting for the 26th of September the day I will leave Bahrain and go to England to start university. These are just a few examples.

What a waste of time? From school start after spring break were 3 months that I didn't actually "really" live, from the beginning of the summer holidays until I left for Germany were 2 weeks that I didn't "really" live, from now till the start of university are two months that I could waste. I must remind my self to live the moment, the right now, and the right here. It is actually quit weird, I am waiting all this time because I think I will have what I want then, that I will like it more, or that it will be more exciting, while me Mariam, I am the same back then, now and tomorrow.

6 comments:

sun said...

this is a wonderful post! and its actually so true, I have found myself thinking and waiting for some moment to come where I believe that's all i've been waiting for all this time.My sister once told me just be happy with what you have and where you're because even if you get now what you want in your life,there would be something else in your life you'll keep waiting for to come. And yes she was so right,the cycle never ends..and the days keep passing by.

Mariam said...

I know what you mean, but my problem is I still keep thinking and waiting though I know that this is it, my life right now, I just wish that I could turn it off.

Unknown said...

i know... its terrible , but u see its a human nature as long its nt day dreaming ur fine :) . cheer up ur nt wasting ur time , theres nothing wrong about being ambitious . By the way wat is the major ur appling to ?

Mariam said...

My major is accounting and financial management

Unknown said...

nice . its hard hope u like working with numbers . wish u all the luck

Mariam said...

Yes, I like numbers ;)
Thanks :D