Tuesday 17 February 2009

Small Talk = Pain

Today was my first day back at school for the second semester. It was OK, I guess. My class mates are planning to make this last semester of school worth remembering, so their be lots of misbehaving.

Today I was forced to do one of the top 10 ten things that I hate, forced small talk. It's really weird either I'm talking with some body like there is no tomorrow (my best friend has to shut me up sometimes), or I am forced into some lame small talk. I hate it when you stand in front of somebody and your brain is working like in the ER to think of something to say that doesn't sound just stupid but in the end it does anyway. Well, today was one of those days, some of the people at my school I barely know, we met at a workshop or something like that, it's really embarrassing, I remember their faces but not their names. So I meet on the way to class some girl I was with in something, no idea what anymore, and both of us think it is rude not to say hi, so this is how the conversation goes:

"Hey"
"Hey"
"How are you?"
"Good and you?"
"I'm fine, umm how was your holiday?"
"Good, good and yours?"
"Yea, it was nice."
Silence.
"Ummm, OK then, bye"
"Bye"

That's painful don't you think? Just to read it is.
I hate small talk.
And by the way, there are books that teach you the fine art of small talk. huh?

No comments: