Wednesday 3 June 2009

Always Late

You know what's annoying, people being extra late. I don't mean 5 minutes late, I mean like only 2 hours late. In Bahrain it's the most normal thing ever, like breathing normal. When you invite people over and say 3 p.m., they usually show up at 3:30 or 3:45. It drives me crazy. It looks like people think it is rude to come over on time, they think it looks like their being pushy or desperate. But, the thing is I invited you over, and when I say 3 I mean 3, and I mean it exactly 3. Ok, I don't mind 5 minutes later or even 10 but not ages.

So what happened today was, that our school forced 600 girls to get out of their beds at 7 a.m (on our second day of holidays) to be at school at 8 a.m for the graduation party/ceremony rehearsal. They warned each and every one of us to be there at 8 a.m, so we show up at 8 but guess what rehearsal started at 10:15. Yes, unbelievable.

2 comments:

Rebellious Arab Girl said...

Hahaha.. it's like Arab weddings. The invitation says 5 pm, but they know people won't show up till 6:30 or 7. So the party doesn't really start till 7:30 or 8! lool

Z said...

This entire blog is quite interesting. I'm glad I stumbled on it randomly.